This release and Waiver of Liability (the "RELEASE") is executed on this day by the minor child (the “VOLUNTEER”), and his/her legal guardian (the "GUARDIAN"), in favor of the Carolina Waterman, Inc., a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of South Carolina, USA, and of their directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, "CW”).
The VOLUNTEER desires to work as a volunteer for CW and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer in the CW's Community Service Program (the "CSP"). As the GUARDIAN of the VOLUNTEER, I hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this RELEASE under the following terms:
1. WAIVER AND RELEASE. The GUARDIAN and VOLUNTEER release and forever discharges and hold harmless CW and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the VOLUNTEER's participation in the CSP. The GUARDIAN/VOLUNTEER understands and acknowledges that this RELEASE discharges CW from any liability or claim that the GUARDIAN and VOLUNTEER may have against CW with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from participation in the CSP. It is also understood that CW does not assume any responsibility for, or obligation to provide, financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
2. INSURANCE. The GUARDIAN and VOLUNTEER understands that we expressively waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of CW beyond what may be offered freely by the representative of CW in the event of such injury or medical expense.
3. MEDICAL TREATMENT. The GUARDIAN and VOLUNTEER hereby release and forever discharge CW from any claim whatsoever which arises, or may hereafter arise, on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during the VOLUNTEER's participation in the CSP.
4. ASSUMPTION OF RISK. The GUARDIAN understands that the VOLUNTEER's time participating in the CSP may include activities that may be hazardous to the VOLUNTEER including, but not limited to, litter cleanup activities, loading and unloading of refuse materials, encounters with flora/fauna (plants/animals) and local transportation to and from CSP sites. We recognize and understand that the VOLUNTEER’s time participating in the CSP may, in some situations, involve inherently dangerous activities. As the GUARDIAN for the VOLUNTEER, I hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release CW from all liability for injury, illness, death or property damage resulting from the VOLUNTEER's participation in the CSP.
5. PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASE. As the GUARDIAN of the VOLUNTEER, I grant and convey unto CW all right, title, and interest in all photographic images, video and/or audio recordings made by the GUARDIAN and/or VOLUNTEER and submitted to CW during the VOLUNTEER’s participation in the CSP.
6. OTHER. As the GUARDIAN of the VOLUNTEER, I expressly agree that this RELEASE is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of South Carolina in the United States of America, and that this RELEASE shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of South Carolina. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this RELEASE shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this RELEASE which shall continue to be enforceable.